DUMB OX SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Dumb Ox Ministries Summer Internship Program is dedicated to giving young adults a hands-on formational experience of the creative process of integrating St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body into Catholic youth and young adult ministry.
This internship will provide experiences in the following areas:
Marketing & Development
Program/Retreat Direction & Management
- Contribute to the planning, organization, and implementation of our summer ECHO experiences.
- Contribute to the long-term goals of Dumb Ox Ministries to be a regional resource of the Theology of the Body to dioceses, parishes, universities, and schools through special ongoing projects.
- Contribute to his or her own ongoing formation and growth by utilizing specified time for formation, retreat days, and “desert days.”
- Administrative duties, office organization, and communication.
- Special projects based on Dumb Ox needs and the intern’s individual skill set and preferences.
- 18-30 years of age, high school graduate or equivalent.
- Willingness to work in a professional and prayerful environment.
- Willingness to work in a ministry environment that requires flexibility, patience, and personal initiative.
- Dependable, dedicated, professional, and prayerful.
- Ability to multitask.
- Willingness to be teachable, as well as to bring his or her own gifts and experience to the table.
- Communication skills in verbal and written forms, and a willingness to grow in these areas.
- Must provide own laptop computer for summer work.
- Interns are also responsible for their own travel to and from the Dumb Ox Ministries headquarters in Mandeville, Louisiana at the beginning and end of summer.
- Work closely with the Dumb Ox staff to fundraise $2,500.00 to cover ECHO registration costs and food and lodging expenses.
- Interns are responsible for acquiring housing (preferably in a good community setting) for the duration of their internship in the New Orleans Metropolitan area. Dumb Ox Ministries is willing to help interns find an edifying summer housing situation if needed. Dumb Ox will provide a small stipend to assist in rent, gas, and food expenses from the amount fundraised by the interns. Specifics should be discussed with the Director of Mission & Outreach prior to committing to an arrangement.
- Interns are responsible for their own food and transportation costs. Dumb Ox will provide some assistance through a monthly stipend.
- Interns should be able to converse comfortably on the topic of the Theology of the Body.
- Interns will be required to work 25-30 hours/week. These hours will vary depending on office and ministry responsibilities.
- Attendance and participation in a leading national TOB evangelization effort: ECHO.
- Networking experiences with some of the top catechists and evangelists of the Theology of the Body.
- Hands-on experience engaging locally and regionally with teens and young adults.
- Beneficial formation in missionary spirituality
- Ground-level experience in a small, non-profit organization, gaining behind-the-scenes experiential lessons in teamwork, scheduling, communication, creative evangelization, discernment, prayer, stewardship, leadership, and more.
- References will be provided by the Dumb Ox staff based off of intern experience.
The availability of internship positions varies from summer to summer. Interested candidates should send the following:
- Cover Letter
- Two Letters of Recommendation (at least one of these must be from a priest or religious)
These documents may be emailed to Adam Fuselier, the Director of Mission & Outreach of Dumb Ox Ministries at email@example.com, or they may be mailed to our office at:
Dumb Ox Ministries
316 Girod St
Mandeville, LA 70448
Candidates will be notified of their acceptance status within a reasonable time upon receipt of the above documents and after completion of a phone or in-person interview, depending on availability. The application deadline is January 24, 2018.
Summer 2018 Commitment Dates:
Interns are asked to be available May 21st - August 7th. Extended vacation days and time off other than what is listed below is to be discussed in advance with the Director of Mission & Outreach.
Summer 2018 Schedule:
(Interns are not required to work weekends, unless otherwise noted. Please note that this schedule is subject to change)
For any questions regarding the internship program, contact us at (985) 951-2215 or email Adam Fuselier at firstname.lastname@example.org